Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More from Violet's Birthday

We did our cake and ice cream celebration on Easter Sunday, 3 days before her birthday, at Brooke's house in Mesa.  I decided on a nice and cheesy 'Cute as a Bug' theme for my birthday girl.

Ok so these pretzels are supposed to look like little bugs...I tried, haha
The 'bug cupcakes' are missing their antlers and they definitely did not turn out as cute as the ones I saw in Martha Stewart, but I was happy with them overall.  I made the second dozen a lot simpler for myself...


This picture just cracks me up.  By the time we got to doing cake and ice cream Violet was so tired.  She could have cared less about her cake.  The funniest part about this, though, has to be Sawyer's expression.  Like he's saying, "What is wrong with you?!...It's CAKE!!"
With Daddy on her Birthday morning
On Violet's Birthday I took the kids down to the zoo and met up with Brooke and with Kristie.  It was a beautiful morning and we all had a great time.  I'm gonna miss those outings when we move away!



Happy Birthday, Violet!!!  You are one cute little girl and we love you so much!!!!

1 comment:

Sabine Schindler said...

I LOVE all those pictures! I agree, Sawyer's expression is priceless, when Violet is all upset about the cake!! Too funny! I also love the pictures of Viley at the Zoo, sitting on the monkey and with Mia!! I want those! Cute!!
The bug cake, cupcakes and pretzel bugs are darling! Great job!
Happy Birthday, Violet!