Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Six Months

My baby girl turned 6 months a couple of weeks ago! I just finished looking back on Sawyer's 6 month post and it hit me that with each kid the time seriously goes by faster and faster. It was funny to read about how I felt with Sawyer at that age...everything was so new to me and each little milestone was so exciting! Of course we are still excited this time around, but it's just a different feeling because you've got so much more going on and you are more familiar with the way things work with babies. It made me realize that I really want to treasure each moment and recognize each stage with all of my kids! I love them both so much and feel so blessed to be able to spend my days with them...regardless of how stressful they can be at times. Violet has been such a sweetheart from the moment she entered our lives. She really is a happy baby 95% of the time. The sleeping thing has been slightly more challenging with her, but not too bad really (most of the time--when she's not teething-- she sleeps from about 7 to 5 am, eats, then goes back to sleep till 7). And so far she is keeping up with her big brother as far as development goes. Everything has been about the same this time around. Although she did beat him in the dental department. She just cut her second tooth last week! (Sawyer was almost 9 months before he got his first!) On her 6 month mark she got up on all fours and started crawling! I don't know how I feel about this yet. She's still nice and slow so that's good :). But I'd like her to take a little longer before she gets super mobile. Sawyer was just TOO mobile WAY too fast! She's such a funny girl...laughs a ton and especially loves her daddy (and Sawyer too...they are just 2 peas in a pod...both crazy and animated). Any time Nathan is in the room her eyes lock on him and follow him wherever he goes! If she's in the middle of eating and she hears his voice it's all over...such a distracted eater now! And anything and everything goes straight to the mouth. I just LOVE this age because she is still cuddly but she's starting to become her own little person. So much fun. I love her so much and while these past 6 months have flown by it seems like she's always been a part of our family!
Can't get enough of those big blue eyes

Up on all fours!
...it's hard work

2 comments:

Sabine Schindler said...

Time really flies way too fast! It doesn't seem that long ago when you were Violet's age. Crazy, huh?
I sometimes STILL can't believe I'm a Mom! haha
It makes me so happy that you love your Mommy role and your kids so much. It really is the best "job" ever!!

Kristie said...

i need to do more posts like this for beebs. time is going by way too fast. love the pictures, jealous (as usual) of your sweet camera.