Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Violet's Blessing Day

I really needed to post about Sydney's visit before this one, but I still don't have the pictures and I'm trying to get all caught up so I guess we'll just have to do this out of order for now. On June 26th Violet was blessed. We waited to do it this weekend because Brooke's son, Talmage, was getting baptized the day before so Nathan's parents were already in town. It's so hard to coordinate with all the family members when everyone lives all over the country! And it didn't work out to do it when my mom was still here, so therefore she was 2 1/2 months old when we finally got around to it. I was grateful that Kristie and her family were around to represent the Schindler side! :) We had a brunch at our house the morning of, and then Violet was blessed in our sacrament meeting at 11 am. Nathan gave her a beautiful blessing and she smiled up at him during the whole thing. She already loves her daddy. He can always make her smile. I was so glad that she was happy throughout the blessing. We even managed to squeeze in a few pictures outside afterwards. Poor Kristie had to bail before sacrament was over due to Jake having a rough morning...so that's why they aren't in the pictures outside. But we did get a shot with them at the house during breakfast. It was a wonderful day and I feel so blessed to have Violet in my life.







1 comment:

Sabine Schindler said...

What a special day to have your kids blessed! And I'm glad you could find a time when most family members could be there. Nathan is so lucky to still have both sets of Grandparents alive! How nice to have a picture with his Dad and Grandpa. I'm glad Kristie and her family could be there to represent us! :o)
All the pictures are so great and Violet looks so so sweet! Sawyer of course is always cute and getting to be such a big boy! You all look great!!