|Violet with her ghetto mitten socks|
A little story about that bonfire up there. We were sitting around it, and Violet was looking up at the fire embers flying around over her head, and one of them landed on her eyelid!! It was awful! Poor Violet was crying so hard, and it was dark so it was difficult to see what had happened. Thank goodness she shut her eye just in time! The next day we were able to see that she had gotten a good burn on the outside of her eyelid, right on the inside corner of her eye. Poor girl. And this was her 3rd time getting burned in the last week (fireplace and stove were the other culprits). I guess she got adequately scared of fire and heat that week. :( We are grateful neither of the burns ended up being too severe.