Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

This year we headed up to Oregon for Christmas. Nathan's sister, Ashley, (who is also my cousin Justin's wife...for those who don't already know that) just moved into a new house. Let me just say that we seriously felt like we were living in a resort for a week and a half. This place was amazing and Ashley & Justin did such a fantastic job with every detail of the new house. Nathan was in heaven with a personal gym (1/2 size court), a theater room, and dual shower heads/steam spouts in each shower. I was pretty excited to have a little exercise room to myself everyday. And Sawyer was happy as a clam running around and playing with his four cute cousins. Everyone in Nathan's family was there besides Brooke and her family (we missed you guys!). We had such a great time and can't wait to go back for another visit! Thanks for having us all there only 3 weeks after moving in, Ashley! You were wonderful hosts! Here are a few of the MILLIONS of pictures that were taken throughout the week.
Our attempt at a family picture after church on Sunday.
A rare moment...Sawyer sitting still for more than a minute.
Opening 'woof woof' (aka Snoopy) on Christmas morning. Nate and I had so much fun with Christmas this year because Sawyer was so much more excited about everything. He totally got the hang of opening gifts and loved everything. I never understood when I was younger--but I can see now why parents love Christmas too!

Sawyer finishing off Santa's cookies.
The tree on Christmas morning.
Christmas Eve Dinner
After church on Sunday
Another rare moment--Sawyer and Taryn getting along :) (they are only 9 days apart so you can imagine how it usually went with these two)
..this was more typical behavior between the two
They have these awesome 'plasma cars' in their gym...Sawyer had a great time riding them

We hung a parachute on the ceiling above the rope swing...just for fun
Went to see a giant 'Christmas Village Display' in someone's dining room...pretty cool.

On Macie's birthday we went to downtown Portland to this really odd donut shop called 'Voodoo Donuts'. This was seriously the weirdest place ever. Worth the 20 minute wait in the rain to see the inside of this place! Go to their website to see all the crazy donuts they sell. We brought home like 2 dozen donuts and ate like kings all day. :)
Sawyer with his aunt Andrea
bringing home all the donuts...everyone is hanging around like vultures, waiting for the donuts to be cut and deciding which one to try first!
We went to Claim Jumper for dinner a couple days after Christmas...always nice to be out without the kiddos every now and then :)
This was New Year's Eve with my side of the family (Nathan's family had left already). Because Ashley is married to my cousin...it's always kind of nice for me to visit cause I get to see all of my cousins and aunt and uncle as well! We had such a fun night...went to dinner, Comedy Sportz, and then back to Ashley's to ring in the New Year. I love this group! Glad I got a chance to see everyone...even if it was just for one night!
We took it on a timer...thus Nathan's head is cut off
We also made sure to squeeze in a visit to my grandma while in Oregon. We love you, Mutti!

5 comments:

Valerie Hall said...

looks like lots of fun. Those plasma cars are fun aren't they!

Jerai Moulton said...

AHHH! I have so many things to say! First of all, Jess you look great! I remembered you were pregnant half way through the post and went back through to look if you looked pregnant. And no, you don't. Next, what a fun trip and Christmas! I know what you mean about Christmas being fun for parents! Also, I know what you mean about Sawyer and Taryn. I experienced that first hand with Boyd! It's pretty funny. Give them a few more months and they'll be great. Boyd has made a lot progress over the last month or so. The picture of those two fighting is priceless. Your mom and my mom both commented to me at different times on how Taryn and Sawyer weren't the best of friends and how you and I were exactly like that. =) So sorry for that! I'm glad I grew out of it and that we became great friends!! Lastly, I'm very jealous that you got to spend time with my family and that they got to spend time with you!! Hope you guys are doing well! Love you!!

Simpson Family said...

SO cute jess!! Can't wait to see you guys!

Ashley said...

Man, looking at those photos did bring back what a great time we had. LOVE the picture of Taryn and Sawyer fighting. Second best picture, is the one of Nathan with his head cut off. So funny, if he were just shorter like the rest of us, it wouldn't be a problem. We loved having you guys over here and glad you got to stay a few extra days to get in some Thelin time. We have a few forgotten items that I will get to you this week. I was waiting to make sure everything turned up before I mailed it. Hope you had fun in Utah!

Sabine Schindler said...

I'm so glad you got to spend Christmas in Oregon.
The pictures are great and show how much fun you guys had. Justin and Ashley's house looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in person one day. I miss the whole Thelin clan!!! My favorite picture is also the one with Sawyer and Taryn fighting. Soooo funny!
I'm grateful you still had enough energy left to stop in Utah for almost another week! Love you guys!!