Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas

First off, let me apologize for not only the long absence of posting...but for posting this without any pictures! I guess I was a little too lazy over the holidays and had a little too much fun because I didn't take a SINGLE picture! I'm horrible. I am going to have to get better at this. So I contemplated waiting until I get some pictures from family members..but that could be another week so I figured I'd go ahead and give a quick update. I promise there are pictures to come!

So another Christmas has come and gone. This is my first post of 2009! We had a great time with Brooke and her family for Christmas Eve/morning. It was so fun to be with little kids for Christmas...I forgot what it was like :). They were just so excited about everything...it was totally fun just watching them. I worked Christmas Day night and the next morning we flew to Portland. We had so much fun in Oregon. It's always a bonus for me when we go up to Oregon to be with Ashley and her family because I get to see all of my cousins too! I got to see Janea's triplets and they were adorable! Jerai and Phil came just before New Years so I got to see them briefly too, which was great! So I spent a wonderful six days relaxing, playing games, and watching movies with Nathan and his family/my cousins. Macie, Ashley's oldest girl, turned eight and we got to go to her baptism too. It was a great trip. I was so sad to leave early on New Year's day. Nathan got to stay up there until Saturday night but I had to go back to work. That's life. I thought it was funny that when I walked out of the Phoenix airport I was a little upset at how warm it was! I know I'm not normal and that most people would die for this weather in the middle of the winter...but I was really enjoying the snow and rain in Portland!

So now that Christmas is over, it's time to get ready for the baby. Only four more months to get things in order. It sounds like a lot of time but there's so much I still want to do! I guess it will help the time pass by faster! I'm so excited for him to get here! He's been moving a ton more lately. Lot's of pretty substantial kicking...or whatever it is he's doing in there. It makes me more at ease knowing he's doing ok, though....so I guess I'll put up with the repetitive movements in the wee hours of the night :). My tummy is definitely getting bigger too. I'll post a new belly shot as soon as I take one. Also, for all you mommies out there, any suggestions on a good jogging stroller? I've been doing some research and I think I'm probably going to go with either the BOB or the Bumbleride Indie. But I'm welcoming any other recommendations or comments on whatever.

7 comments:

Andrea Forsyth said...

so this morning i woke up to find a whole limb sticking out of my stomach. usually it's more like an elbow or foot or something - no, no, this was approximately three inches long. so weird.

also, i just watched the video of kristie and wes surprising your mom for christmas and now i'm crying like a fool.

it was good to talk to you the other night! sorry i have zero advice on the jogging stroller...

jax from the harmon squad said...

We have a Kool Stride- it's not the most stylish stroller out there, but it is hard core. We can take it pretty much ANYWHERE- the beach, rocky terrain, mud. But it's only good if you're outside moving around- it;s too big to take indoors (we have an umbrella stroller for around town). However, my dream stroller is a bugaboo chameleon- it can go lots of places too and it's stylish.

Kallista said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I can't believe you have only 4 months left. Do you like your doctor? How is the hospital you work at? We are doing good in Provo. I am still in the Float Pool, but I work my first time at Orem this week since last May! We miss you in the ward. It has changed around a lot. Happy New Year!

Thelin Family said...

I have to admit I do love the blogging world. It was so nice to see you and Nathan over the holidays. We miss you guys! I wish we had more time to hang out when you were here :) Can't wait for you to be a mama - lucky little boy!

Kristie said...

i need to get on my updates finally too. good job. also, i googled the bumbleride and its so cute!

Megan said...

Great to see some updates!

For stroller recommendations: I've never owned a jogging stroller, but I want one. Both of my sisters-in-law own a Phil and Teds. They're on the expensive side, but I love them. I've borrowed them and they're awesome. They are easy to steer and fold down fairly small. Also, you can use it as a single stroller and whenever Baby #2 comes along you can buy an attachment to make it a double. It's awesome.

http://www.philandteds.com/eshop/

The Wilson Family said...

JESS! I am so glad you commented on my blog. I have been missing your belly shots..you are the most beautiful pregnant lady! Are you still working? How is it going?