Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Picnics in November?


I've been feeling a lot better about life since the temperature dropped below 90. I can leave my windows wide open during the day and even go running outside now! Seriously people...I'm so excited about it. The only thing better at this point would be a little snow to help me feel truly christmasy... But don't worry...despite the sunshine and 80 degree weather, I have begun to play the Christmas tunes. I decided if I waited for the weather to feel right I would miss my chance...so here we go...Christmas is in the air! Tonight I decided that Nathan and I needed to go on a picnic for dinner. I made stuffed peppers and grabbed a bottle of sparkling cider to celebrate the change in seasons. We walked over to this pond by a park down the road and put down the jeans blanket. It was nearly dark by the time we actually got there but we had a great time...we even got a little chilly!

The last week of October we had a lot of fun with Nathan's family. They were all in town for his nephew Carter's baptism. And then Ashley and her kids stayed for Halloween as well. I was so excited to finally participate in some fall activities with all the kids. I drove over to Mesa one day to go to the pumpkin patch with everyone. Let me tell you, the pumpkin patch at 95 degrees is not my idea of fun. I don't think the kids enjoyed it either. They were all running around beet red in the face, sweaty, and grumpy by the time we left. I didn't blame them. Brooke and I agreed that our favorite activity that week was sitting in the shade by Uncle Glen's pool while the kids played happily in the water. Nothing to do with fall...but let's face it...it's hard to do traditional fall when you're sweating to death. Oh well...we had fun nonetheless. I had to work on Halloween but Nathan went trick-or-treating with the kids and had a good time. We were happy to spend some time with family. Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me all week so no pictures....sorry.

One last thing. Two weeks from today I will be back in Utah! I seriously can't wait! It's all I think about anymore. The first exciting thing on the agenda will be finding out the gender of our little baby...that is if Baby Larson is willing to share. I will only be a little over 16 weeks so it's a bit on the early side but we're keeping our fingers crossed. Next fun event will be Erin's wedding. I love weddings. And then we have the premiere of Twilight. Who knows when we'll actually get tickets but we will definitely be seeing it sometime that week. And then it's a relaxing 5 days with my family at Kristie's house for Thanksgiving! I can hardly wait to see some snow and make yummy food and listen to Christmas music and play with Jake. Can't wait. That's all. Thanks for reading :).

6 comments:

Kristie said...

i can't wait either!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. cute pics.

The Thelins said...

I'm SO jealous of your weather. I would kill for some sun and 90 degrees. Although I must say that I prefer the rain to the 36" of snow Utah got today (in Alta). We miss you guys. I'm so excited to find out what your peanut is. I'm guessing a boy. What's your guess?

Andrea Forsyth said...

i'm so excited you're coming back to visit! please, can we all have lunch or something???

(by the way, i've been doing the christmas music thing too - careful, "i want a hippopotamus for christmas" gets stuck in your head really easily and won't leave for a few days...

Meghan and Tyler said...

Yay, you'll be here sooner than we know it...although I'm sure if you are like me, all the thinking about something makes the time drag on even longer...so don't think about it! We are so excited to see you guys! I am also excited that you are getting an early ultra sound while you are here! BTW, I have to tell you a funny story about Dr. Judd. I finally told him that we were friends. He misses you a lot, but told me not to tell you, if I did, you might get a big head and think that he likes you :). I'll have to tell you more about "the change in personalities" when he found out that we were friend. Thanks for letting me name drop.

Your pictures are so cute! And you don't even look preggers skinny girl! I am inspired that you are still running. You are my role model. Although, I have never quite gotten into the running thing, I admire your ambition.

Ty gives a shout out to Nate. I think he misses their "man plans." I am just a lot slower in making decisions, but I am trying to be better.

Sorry this is long. We love you both!

Life is a Journey said...

Hey Jessica!! How are you! Congrats on the coming baby!! We are coming out to Mesa this week for my brother in law's wedding. I can't belive how hot it is going to be there! Keep in touch!!

Bryan, Rachel, Ben and Tyler Nichols said...

I know how you feel...I miss the snow too. My family out in Utah always call me when it snows. You said that you're going to Utah to find out the gender of your baby, so are you going to deliver in Utah with a doctor, or is a doctor that you know just going to do an ultrasound for you? I'm thinking it's a girl, definetly!

What a fun picnic! Your stuffed peppers sound yummy.