Friday, September 13, 2013

My Birthday

 My birthday came only a couple weeks after arriving in Germany.  Nobody (including myself) had really had time to think about it.  But my sweet Aunt Kristel and cousin Michelle drove 2 hours to bring me a birthday cake and some goodies!  They even packed an entire lunch.  We had a fun time together and I really appreciated them coming.
This was actually the 2nd time Kristel drove to see us!  She was so awesome.  The kids loved playing with her.
After Kristel and Lelli went home, we headed down to the BX for dinner at the Macaroni Grill.  I know, you are thinking, you're in Europe!  Go somewhere new and exciting!  But honestly, after the crazy couple of weeks that we had had, it just felt good to be at the Macaroni Grill.  It felt like a little piece of home.  We all had such a great time together.  It was the perfect finish to a nice birthday.


 Later that week we went to the big Ramstein Bazaar that is held yearly.  They had 2 huge hangars filled with vendors of all kinds.  A lot of fun.  Although next time we'll go without our crazy kids.  Some friends of ours, the Shields, who are living in Frankfurt came down and met us there.  It was fun to see them again.  They were actually in my parents' ward in Virginia before coming to Germany.  They will be leaving here in the summer.

1 comment:

Sabine Schindler said...

That was so nice of Kristel and Lelli to help make your Birthday nicer! Also nice of the Shields to meet you in Ramstein. Hope you get to see them again before they head home. Time goes by too fast!