Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nothing in Particular

Just a few more pictures from the past couple of weeks. Mostly the last week before my mom left us. On Violet's one-week anniversary we took my mom to Oregano's in Old Town Scottsdale. We love this place. It is so nice to sit outside there in the springtime. Such a fun little atmosphere. Both kids did amazingly well through the whole thing!

After Oregano's we made a stop at Buy Buy Baby to purchase our very first double stroller! We have been eyeing this stroller for a while now and since we successfully sold our single jogger the week before, we decided to go for it! If anyone is interested in looking it up...it's the Baby Jogger City Select. Pretty amazing actually. My only concern is how well it will do as a jogger. I'll let you know once I test it out! Below is a picture of Sawyer playing on this awesome toy at the store...a mini-roller coaster! If we had a play room I'd be seriously tempted to get this thing.
The day before my mom left she took Sawyer to the zoo! His one year membership expired this past week so I was glad that he got to go one last time. I'll probably renew it again but we don't tend to go much during the summer months anyways. Here he is at his favorite place at the zoo--the petting zoo. Giving the goats a nice brush-brush.


I don't know if Violet is quite ready to play with Daddy and Sawyer yet...poor girl!
For some reason I just can't keep this kid out of the fridge!!!!

My mom made sure to dye some Easter Eggs with Sawyer before she left. I'm glad cause that's about as festive as we got this year! He was a little disappointed that we didn't let him drink the dye...but overall he loved it!

Not the best picture of Violet but I wanted to show off one of my little flower onesies I made. I took a bunch of old onesies from Sawyer and added little flowers to them...so fun! (also, she super reminds me of baby Sawyer in this pic)
My mom went back home on Thursday the 21st. After almost 2 full weeks with her around, let's just say I was not a happy camper when she left! She made everything so much easier for me while she was here. And I loved having her company. I am so grateful that she was able to take so much time to come out and help me. Thank you, Daddy and David, for letting me have her! We love you Omi!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm so excited to go to the zoo and oreganos together!!!!!

The Thelins said...

Moms are really the best thing. Especially ones that are hands-on grandmas. I'm so glad your mom was able to spend 2 weeks with you guys. That's the best thing ever after having a baby. Sawyer and Violet are darling. I love the onesie re-vamp. You are so creative. And I saw the City Select in a magazine and have been coveting it ever since. I am sure when we have baby #2 it will be my first purchase. Glad to have the recommendation from someone we trust.

Dennis said...

Jessica, love your post...Sawyer is likely to be in the fridge until he grows into himself! He is a growing boy, and I love the picture of Daddy on the floor "playing"....I am with you, Violet might not think it is quite fun yet! Love your little Fam!

Marianne Thelin said...

did it again...that would be Marianne, not Dennis!

Sabine Schindler said...

Aaahhh! I love to look at those pictures and remember the fun two weeks with you!! I'm so glad I was able to stay that long and also spend so much one-on-one time with Sawyer. Despite the fact that he's the busiest little rascal I ever encountered ( and I had a couple of those myself :o) I loved every second of it! He really is so sweet and I can tell, him and Violet are going to be best friends!